Advent calendars are a beloved tradition that add a little magic to the Christmas season.
Looking for a even more personalized and creative experience, why not create your own homemade advent calendar ?
In this article, we will give you advice and a selection of products to make a unique advent calendar.
Step 1: define the concept of your Advent Calendar
Defining the concept of your Advent Calendar helps you to have original ideas to fill your Advent Calendar while ensuring that it pleases the person for whom it is intended. Here are some questions to help you:
- Who is your Advent Calendar for?
- What are this person's passions? What she likes ?
- Is there a significant event in his current life? Example: she has just moved in. You can add little touches to her home.
- Try to remember your last conversations. Did she tell you about things that might be interesting? Ideas for products she wants to try, products they are currently looking for...
- What is your budget ?
You can also set a theme for your Advent Calendar. For example, gourmet theme, well-being, nature, original or unusual...
Step 2: find the 24 ideas to fill your Advent Calendar
Here is a selection of ideas from our treatments and in particular our travel formats to slip into your Advent Calendar.
Step 3: find the format and container for your Advent Calendar
In wood, in small boxes or surprise bags, the classic burlap socks.... The choice is great!
Two options to consider:
1) You can do it yourself with lovely inspirations Pinterest !
2) The website Etsy is full of pretty, original and high-quality craft creations, which you can reuse from one year to the next.
Don't hesitate to post your Advent Calendar on Instagram and tag us in it (@hokaran). We will repost them on our Instagram page!